Search the forum,

Discuss gas rating a range rated boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

ignore the title...upon commissioning of vokera linea he the trimmers for the fan speed are set up for ign..c/h and dhw using the cpa..once this is done does a gas rate still need to be carried out?

Last edited by a moderator:
i was told that because the boiler modulates at different rates you cant gas rate it? as long as the fan speeds are set correctly and the cpa analysis is correct a gas rate is not required..sorry for the confusion could you clarify if i need to gas rate ?

Gas rate and range rated are 2 totaly different things Maybe your confused a little

where did you get the name pro elite from?.
or is this your business name?.

what is the boiler in question.?.

i was told that because the boiler modulates at different rates you cant gas rate it? as long as the fan speeds are set correctly and the cpa analysis is correct a gas rate is not required..sorry for the confusion could you clarify if i need to gas rate ?

tell us who told you that, you need to have a wee look back through your notes as you seem to be geting mixed up a bit, gas rating is a very basic test to simply calculate how much gas is being used per hour so it doesn't matter what the appliance is

Thanx for the replies..vokera linea requires setting the trimmers on for the fan speed on ignition..central heating hi and low and also for dhw using the cpa analyser i was under the impression that if these are set correct and the cpa analyser reading is correct no need to gas rate...it is now clear that a gas rate must be done...sorry the thread title is confusing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas rating a range rated boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just fitted a new boiler for customer have gone to gas rate when commissioning and batteries are dead in gas meter. Gas supplier won’t come out until 6th Jan. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Customer obviously needs heating and hot water over Christmas
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2 pump running at its 8M head to feed 21 rads with a theoretical output of 25kw at a 20C dT. A fairly old Vaillant 438 boiler is being replaced, the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in the image. Boiler was installed 27 months ago. Baxi is claiming 13.3 litres @ DT 30. I set the boiler DHW temperature to a high setting. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock