Search the forum,

Discuss Cant gas rate new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just fitted a new boiler for customer have gone to gas rate when commissioning and batteries are dead in gas meter. Gas supplier won’t come out until 6th Jan. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Customer obviously needs heating and hot water over Christmas

Gas inlet to boiler to confirm ok you can either do gas rate or inlet pressure

What was wrong with mechanical meters eh?
Same old story, high tech flashy fancy gear breaks down, you're goosed.
What? Don't tell me you don't enjoy trying to figure out how to operate a new gas meter? I love trying to download manual etc and then give up and find a YouTube video!

What? Don't tell me you don't enjoy trying to figure out how to operate a new gas meter? I love trying to download manual etc and then give up and find a YouTube video!
OOOO Yeah! Spend 10 minutes squinting at a phone screen and find what you want, then read all about it by brushing your fingers up and down it, try to enlarge it and then proceed to the meter only to have to fiddle with buttons a 2 year old couldn't get their fingers onto without pressing 5 at once, just to see it go off before you've done what you wanted to.
To add to that, because it is digital and we need a 2 min gas rate time, the boiler gets to temp and stops before you're done. Proper improvement if you ask me.
Back in the day:
Red test dial, a clock, no instruction needed, 1 minute test. I can see why they got rid of it..........Boring!

Reply to Cant gas rate new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock