Search the forum,

Discuss Cant gas rate new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just fitted a new boiler for customer have gone to gas rate when commissioning and batteries are dead in gas meter. Gas supplier won’t come out until 6th Jan. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Customer obviously needs heating and hot water over Christmas

Gas inlet to boiler to confirm ok you can either do gas rate or inlet pressure

Ok thanks sorry for silly question only in my second year of being gas safe. Got 21mbar at meter and boiler test point when on max so all good

What was wrong with mechanical meters eh?
Same old story, high tech flashy fancy gear breaks down, you're goosed.

What was wrong with mechanical meters eh?
Same old story, high tech flashy fancy gear breaks down, you're goosed.
What? Don't tell me you don't enjoy trying to figure out how to operate a new gas meter? I love trying to download manual etc and then give up and find a YouTube video!

Gas regs would have been a good source - 26.9, sub paragraph ca, similar to a communal gas meter

Attachments

• F38D18B1-00C8-4684-A424-27B12E65BC5D.jpeg
    F38D18B1-00C8-4684-A424-27B12E65BC5D.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 7
What? Don't tell me you don't enjoy trying to figure out how to operate a new gas meter? I love trying to download manual etc and then give up and find a YouTube video!
OOOO Yeah! Spend 10 minutes squinting at a phone screen and find what you want, then read all about it by brushing your fingers up and down it, try to enlarge it and then proceed to the meter only to have to fiddle with buttons a 2 year old couldn't get their fingers onto without pressing 5 at once, just to see it go off before you've done what you wanted to.
To add to that, because it is digital and we need a 2 min gas rate time, the boiler gets to temp and stops before you're done. Proper improvement if you ask me.
Back in the day:
Red test dial, a clock, no instruction needed, 1 minute test. I can see why they got rid of it..........Boring!

Reply to Cant gas rate new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock