Discuss Fluid Master Problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

Recently I have had two call backs regarding the bottom entry inlet valve :mad: First one stopped working after 4 weeks, today had a call from a customer that I fitted one yesterday and failed today.

Its as if the valve has just packed up and continues to let water through, has anyone else been having this problem? I have been fitting the valve with the brass thread. Both customers have had mains water pressure if that makes a difference, and fitted flow limiter.

I am going to take this one back to the merchants, as I cant afford to keep replacing the valves free of charge. Both customers however have been very understanding but its embarrasing.

Worrying post - I've never had a problem and as I thought they were the best they're my choice for bottom entry inlet valves.

they are good but i have had this same problem most of the time with the float sticking down , and alot of the time theres not enough space for one in your everyday cistern

I've had to take a couple back as well. I find them easier to use because of the brass thread but switching back to torbeck type.

I fitted one of the fluidmaster in my own house and the water pressure wasn't great enough to shut the thing off! (obviously tank fed)

I've had to take a couple back as well. I find them easier to use because of the brass thread but switching back to torbeck type.

I fitted one of the fluidmaster in my own house and the water pressure wasn't great enough to shut the thing off! (obviously tank fed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston, I think I may Know what your problem is, are you using the flow restrictor?

If you put it the wrong way round and if the water pressure pushes it right up the stem then it can stop water getting through the valve. I know because I've done it myself although the effects were instantaneous.

From memery I think they go in with the plastic disc facing downwards.

Edit: Just re read your post and it seems the water wont stop so ignore the above, myself I've not had a problem with them and I too use the pro version.

Take the problem valve out and have a really good butchers at it, strip it down in the bathroom and find out whats wrong with it, there not much to go wrong!

Last edited:
Well I fitted a new one but not the pro type with the brass thread but still not happy as there isnt a flow limiter! I think after this I am going to use the wirquin valves.

Do you have to dodgy valve there Winston, surely you can find out whats wrong with it?

Recently I have had two call backs regarding the bottom entry inlet valve :mad: First one stopped working after 4 weeks, today had a call from a customer that I fitted one yesterday and failed today.

Its as if the valve has just packed up and continues to let water through, has anyone else been having this problem? I have been fitting the valve with the brass thread. Both customers have had mains water pressure if that makes a difference, and fitted flow limiter.

I am going to take this one back to the merchants, as I cant afford to keep replacing the valves free of charge. Both customers however have been very understanding but its embarrasing.

Winston,

Very concerning, I work for Fluidmaster in the U.K you need to make a call to us on 01275 848843 so we can fully understand whats happening and try to sort out for you.

Please ring us

Regards

Chris Ramster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fluid Master Problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock