Search the forum,

Discuss floor staning boiler /hotwater convection, need advice on modification ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmc

hi everyone.
thanks for taking the time to read this.

6 year old central heating floor standing boiler
pumped central heating / convection hot water with older tank;

the problem.

the hot water takes hours to heat up .

i was wondering is it possible to modify the two 28mm pipes to the coil in the cylinder to speed up the hot water process,

ie circulator and auto bye pass.

have knowledge of fitting pipes [ pipe fitter ]on industrial steam and hot water boilers but not any great experiance on domestic systems or there controls

i hope some of you kind plumbers will give me your views

ps if this is a mad idea please dont hesitate to tell,

thanks again, jmc

check if the 28s are magnetic, you might need a power flush, could be the cheapest option.
Yes you can mod it (which will also bring the system into line with the new energy efficiency criterea L1) after all pipe is pipe, however, it's beyond a quick chat on a forum to advise you how to do it. You'll need to convert to an S or Y plan, if you undertand these systems then Robert's your Father's Brother :eek:)

i agree, could be sludge(especially in the coil) converting to y or s plan and a descale the way to go about it

ok guys thanks for advice, i will have a look at s or y plan ,

i have seen these systems ,i will have to look into it in more detail then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to floor staning boiler /hotwater convection, need advice on modification ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock