Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fixing Toilet Pan to Underheated Floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsr

Gas Engineer
Any good ideas for fixing a toilet pan to a tiled floor with underfloor heating without screwing down into the floor?

Thanks

RSR

You need to clean the underside of the pan and the floor extremely well with meths to get the best adhesion.

you shouldnt lay under floor heating under the panbase in the first place for exactly the reason you are asking about

All well and good saying that but if it's already been done .....................

walk away, if you cant fix it down properly using the manufacturers reccomended methology, ie screws and plugs, and u just silicone it, your responsible when a large ar*e sits down , the pan breaks free and cracks and leaves the current occupant needing 50 plus stiches. My working ethos is, if you cant do it properly dont do it at all, silicone is used far to much for botching jobs imho, use it for sealing baths and basins along the tile line and nothing else, thats what proffessionals are supposed to do. Hence why the underfloor heating should be laid correctly first time round, get the customer to call back the original installer, if its electic uf heating have they also laid it under the bath feet? great way to cause it to fail early.

If you have a metal detector you may be able to trace the UFH pipe if it has the metal barrier part.

maybe the ufh is laid correctly and you havnt checked, get a device similar to a stud wall cable locator to check !!

drill and go, should be laid correctly, only joking, however you could always ask the customer who laid it and discuss the issue with them/customer, they can then take on the risk and kick arse with the ufh installer if a problem arises

remember it pays to talk, and talk ensures you get paid

Thanks to all for very helpful advice and common sense. Customer now made aware of the issues.

Cheers

RSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing Toilet Pan to Underheated Floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our bathroom was installed 9 months ago by what we know were tradespeople who did not have the skill or experience to do so. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock