Search the forum,

Discuss fitting back to wall pan in concrete floor with vertical soil pipe... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rwi

photo.jpg

Hello all, I have just moved and am the proud owner of a downstairs WC with concrete floro - vertical soil pip - direct connection with a large collar. The existing WC is a low level type and i wold like to replace with a back to wall type.

The BTW pan has a horizontal exit - which i assume I can get a simple 90degree pipe to connect to the existing?

My query is (without me first ripping out the WC which is our only one in the house), is it a case that i remove the existing pan and the 90degree soil will fit in the existing collar , or do i have to cut the collar fit new soil?

Attached a picture (excuse the grime)...

cheers

rob

depends on the soil distance from the wall (looks quite good) different waste fittings will give some flexibility but you might need to build out behind the wc to make it work

Thanks for the response - building out won't be a problem as I had planned to build out anyway for the concealed cistern.The distance to centre of pipe is 250mm from the wall, my main worry is I don't know what to do with the collar - do I remove? If so what do I replace it with? Cheers

I think you should just bung in the new pan connector and fill the gap with sand and cement, but I might stand corrected before long.

I think you should just bung in the new pan connector and fill the gap with sand and cement, but I might stand corrected before long.

That'll work fine, I tend to remove the collar (careful the bits don't drop down the whole, wedge a cloth down to catch it) with the grinder and then angled pan connector or flexi pan connector.

Brilliant - thanks for the advice guys.

Do I need to remove the collar?

It can stay or go. But you may find that you lose most of it when you take out the old toilet.

no need for sand and cement pan con should seal in the pipeand it will be hidden behind false wall

you can fit a swan neck pan connector once collar is removed this will give you a couple of inches extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting back to wall pan in concrete floor with vertical soil pipe... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the corner unit making the only easy way to access anywhere near the soil pipe by reaching up from where the kicker board goes. You can see from the photo...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock