Search the forum,

Discuss Hard to access soil pipe with AAV in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the corner unit making the only easy way to access anywhere near the soil pipe by reaching up from where the kicker board goes.
You can see from the photo the AAV looks like its right up to the underside of the unit worktop but and scribe pins.

I had a go at removing a small 3 draw floor unit next to the corner, but after 4 hours trying, after removing any screws, and releasing the wall hooks, there is something somewhere stopping that unit from coming out.

In the photo I see a white plastic collar that looks like it joins onto a lower piece of grey soil pipe going into the concrete.

Question is, do you think he did that so anyone could slide the top section down so as to remove the upper soil pipe then get the AAV valve off for checking?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1839.JPG
    IMG_1839.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 12
I don't suppose he expected it to be removed ?? are you getting drain smells ??
Hiya mate for a while we've smelt a kind of damp/sweaty sock type smell which comes and goes.
As a crude test, I put some bleach down the loo then flushed it and quickly went over to have a sniff near that soil pipe from where I had removed the kicker board, I could get faint whif of bleach.
So not sure if I have leak where soil pipe goes under concrete floor or if its as simple as AAV stuck and letting air out......or do you think if it was I would get real bad sewage smell?
Cheers

If it had failed you would get a horrible smell all the time , when these operate they let a bit of air in as they flush away solids and water drains, blockages or even partially blocked pipes can cause bad smells , you will need access into the boxing in if you need to remove it 🙁👍. Kop

If it had failed you would get a horrible smell all the time , when these operate they let a bit of air in as they flush away solids and water drains, blockages or even partially blocked pipes can cause bad smells , you will need access into the boxing in if you need to remove it 🙁👍. Kop
Many thanks KOP I will leave the AAV alone then.
You've been a great help thanks mate, with the lack of luck I've had lately I certainly couldn't deal with anymore.
👍

I would mate I'd maybe check your drains are free flowing at your manhole and everything is clear . 👍😉
Thanks mate, yeah had a look and all free flowing, by the way we only have loo going into the soil pipe, nothing else, the AAV is about 70cm higher than where toilet soil pipe enters the stack, not sure if that's what I measure
I believe its 200mm but not sure where I measure from.
Cheers again bud 👍

Thanks mate, yeah had a look and all free flowing, by the way we only have loo going into the soil pipe, nothing else, the AAV is about 70cm higher than where toilet soil pipe enters the stack, not sure if that's what I measure
I believe its 200mm but not sure where I measure from.
Cheers again bud 👍
Should look like this one I've been working on recently

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_164241436_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20221117_164241436_MFNR.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 9
Should look like this one I've been working on recently
Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and mine is identical other than the loo is about twice as far away from the stack, but apart from that positioning and AAV height in relation to loo is exactly the same
My stack is located under the worktop in the corner on the left the aav is just under the worktop.
Thanks again mate, you've been a great help 👍

Attachments

• 20221211_211501.jpg
    20221211_211501.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Hard to access soil pipe with AAV in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock