Search the forum,

Discuss En-Suite Bathroom woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benmohagan

Hi, I'm a newbie here and really just looking for some advice as I'm finding ever plumber I call is quoting me something different.

We had an extension built a few years ago with an en-suite (shower and WC), and against my better judgement it was a SaniFlo system which was put in. It has been nothing but trouble and is currently not working. Again :mad:. The 2 plumbers I have spoken to regarding the fault (which I beleive is just a soil pipe blockage) have quoted me '500 for cash' and 1 of them didnt even come to see the job. Strikes me as very expensive and a bit dodgy.

I would absolutely love to get shot of the system and what I'm looking for advice on is if I was to get a plumber in to remove it and run a normal waste pipe from the en-suite

- Can the pipework be run from the front of the house to the back? Are there regulations which I would fall foul of? I doubt we could go through the house due to the layout.

- Whats a rough cost to run pipework round the front? Would probably be about 10-12 metres in all as a rough guess.

Any advice greatly appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the forum.

did you try saniflow engineer to service it?. think they have 5 year gntee.

as for a 12m outside run around the house, have you considered how ugly this may be?.

I think 6 metres max for soil pipe run and would need a fall throughout.

Have you only called 2 plumbers ? why not try and phone another one? Why not phone a large well known company. What has been going down the saniflow? Hair comes from the shower and blocks them all the time so motor could be stuck. The max run is six meters and has a drop throughout as explained. So what have you been quoted for exactly ? An illegal 12m pipework run ?

Hi. Are you talking above ground or an extension to the foul drainage system?

Hi, sorry should have been clearer. I have called a few plumbers, the only 2 who said they would take the job on quoted 500 for cash. 1 had stuck his head in the en-suite and the other hadnt even come out.

I have actually stripped the unit and there is no blockage in it and its all working ok as far as I can see - I have cleared it out a couple of times already. it does sound like a blockage in the soil pipe running away from it, sounds like its having trouble pumping the waste away.

I havent actually been quoted for running a new waste pipe, I just wanted to know if it was possible to run a new waste pipe round the side of the house to connect with the pipe already there at the back. And yes I have thought about how it would look but if its a choice between aesthetics and a saniflo there is no competition!

Edit to say thanks for all the replies so far!

It shouldnt cost nowhere near that much for a new waste pipe, i assume its only 22mm , What area do you live in... You didnt get the quotes from Rated people did you... Could just be a blockage in pipe, Is the pump working fine?

Also to fit new soil pipe your saniflo would have to be upstairs if you wanted it to travel from the front to the back...what area are you in

It shouldnt cost nowhere near that much for a new waste pipe, i assume its only 22mm , What area do you live in... You didnt get the quotes from Rated people did you... Could just be a blockage in pipe, Is the pump working fine?

Also to fit new soil pipe your saniflo would have to be upstairs if you wanted it to travel from the front to the back...what area are you in

As far as I can tell the unit is working fine, it just sounds like the pump is struggling, which makes me think there is a blockage, but the 2 plumbers we eventually got seemed more interested in just replacing the unit rather than actually trying to see where the issue is - Would hate to pay 500 quid when its just a blockage (it is 22mm). and it is upstairs.

In the Glasgow area. Will give Saniflo themselves a call tomorrow as some have suggested and see what they say - I didnt actually realise they had engineers out there.

Try to disconnect the pipe, Make sure you remove the fuse at the fuse box first though - disconnect from saniflo and try to see if its blocked, I have used a jetwash on one before now and it worked... is your pipe run longer than 4m verticaly - also they have double check valves you will have to check these ..

Try to disconnect the pipe, Make sure you remove the fuse at the fuse box first though - disconnect from saniflo and try to see if its blocked, I have used a jetwash on one before now and it worked... is your pipe run longer than 4m verticaly - also they have double check valves you will have to check these ..

Will give it a go. Thanks!

Well you say you are fed up with your saniflow,seems you are blaming the unit for its poor installation
It is hard to comment on runs without seeing however
Seems if blocking all the time,the waste run from it is the problem,could be were it connects to main drainage pipework not correct or maybe something in waste run,if installed correctly,should give you years of service,maybe if you think you have room to run a 4"soil waste round house,you could maybe re run saniflow waste same route correctly,thus enabling saniflow to operate correctly,allowing you to
Have a curry,without the worry of having to clean out the slurry:)

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to En-Suite Bathroom woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock