Discuss Electric showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just wanted to check on the regs regarding electric shower swaps, I'm not part-P yet but I'm still permited to swap like for like. If the old shower is running off a basic ceramic fuse and no circuit breaker etc does this need uprating first like an RCD etc??

Or does the RCD only come into it on new installs?

It requires upgrading and if you are not part 'p' you should not be touching officially,replacement or not

10 mm cable is reqired and a rcd protected fuse, get a qualified spark to do it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Back