Search the forum,

Discuss could this white material on radiator thread be/contain any asbestos? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everybody,

I have noticed that unlike the other threads of the radiator which are sealed with something that really looks like hemp ("foto 1"), one of them has this white material wrapped around/inside the joint ("foto 2"). Could anybody tell me if it may be/could contain any asbestos?

Many thanks

Gigi

Attachments

• foto 2.jpeg
    foto 2.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26
  • foto 1.jpeg
    foto 1.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 27
Looks like paste and hemp but always recommend getting it tested

It is almost certainly boss white and hemp a old school thread sealing method , if you're worried or plan to remove it get it tested ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225-060000.png
    Screenshot_20220225-060000.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 16

Reply to could this white material on radiator thread be/contain any asbestos? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I had a new radiator fitted around a month back and I've noticed the joints which are sealed with Hemp (or modern equivalent / Boss White...
Replies
Views
Hi. We’ve had rather a lot of noise issues with our radiators since we had a new boiler installed. Our radiators other than 2 more recent ones...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, As some of you are aware, I am currently stuck in Italy running a shop that has nothing to do with plumbing :( Yesterday I thought I'd got...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help. We have a dual fuel towel rail, i.e. connected to the central heating, but with an electric element in one of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock