Search the forum,

Discuss Conventional boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My conventional boiler works fine when I ask for heating and hot water, but in the summer when I just want hot water and no heating it bangs and the boiler turns off

You should really register for an answer.

But anyway..

Your boiler is going out on 'overheat'

You need someone who knows what they are doing and is familiar with your boiler.
If you get the wrong person you may end up changing parts that aren't necessary and costing you a small fortune

Good advice given. Please register and repost for further replies. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conventional boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock