Search the forum,

Discuss condensing boiler pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbinguser

I have a Vailant condensing boiler (fitted last year) and have a query re the pressure.

When running (it turns on off a thermostat) the pressure reads approx 1.2-1.3 bar. When not running it is around 0.7-0.9 bar.

Obviously I can put more water in to increase the pressure but would like to know if this is advisable (when they "fitted" it they had it at 2 bar but when working this went up to 3 bar which is near the limit - after being informed of this they drained some water out).

Also, if I do add water to bring the pressure up, will this mean I will get air pockets in the radiators and have to start bleeding them again?

Many thanks.

the pressure should be between 1 and 1.5 When Cold ,so it sounds like it does need a drop putting in ,bleed downstairs first and then top up ,good luck

Many thanks for the quick reply and I have topped it up to 1 bar

Out of curiosity, what are the downsides to a low pressure and the downsides to a high pressure?

how long have you got lol if there is not enough pressure the system will not function correctly and if there is to much pressure it could eventually cause leaks or components to fail

Now its cooler I have got it to 1.2 bar and will see if it keeps at that.

Worried if did change what it was on that it would no longer work in this cold weather but decided it is better to have it at roughly the correct value (will see what it goes up to when it starts to heat to ensure not above 2.5).

Thank you.

listen mate you want to get out and have a life ,you are getting a bit anorak now lol, it will go up and down and should ideally be topped up every couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensing boiler pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock