Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Concealed Cistern - 3ft to side of pan - will this work ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noswar

Hi,

I am about to start re-fitting my ensuite and I'm looking to replace the existing toilet with a back to wall pan and a concealed cistern.

Due to the layout of the room, I would like to place the concealed cistern to the side of the pan - about 3ft away - see photo below! (This will tuck behind a false wall next to my shower). There is the room to position the cistern at any height (to compensate for any loss of pressure due to the location). I intend using a pneumatic flush button.

A few Q's regarding this if I may...

1). Will this set-up work...? Or will I have 'flush' problems?

2). Are there any particular makes / models that would be best suited to this application? (Ideally a slim model - 150mm max depth, but would prefer 120mm or less for access reasons).

3). Will there be any issues with the flush pipe...? Are they standard sizes so I can make up the run (inc 2 x right angles) with supplies from my local plumbers merchant?

4). Any gotchas I should look out for...?

Thanks in advance for your help - it's really appreciated!

Cheers,

Noswar

Attachments

• ConcealedCisternPhoto.jpg
    ConcealedCisternPhoto.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 77
Hi,

I am about to start re-fitting my ensuite and I'm looking to replace the existing toilet with a back to wall pan and a concealed cistern.

Due to the layout of the room, I would like to place the concealed cistern to the side of the pan - about 3ft away - see photo below! (This will tuck behind a false wall next to my shower). There is the room to position the cistern at any height (to compensate for any loss of pressure due to the location). I intend using a pneumatic flush button.

A few Q's regarding this if I may...

1). Will this set-up work...? Or will I have 'flush' problems?

2). Are there any particular makes / models that would be best suited to this application? (Ideally a slim model - 150mm max depth, but would prefer 120mm or less for access reasons).

3). Will there be any issues with the flush pipe...? Are they standard sizes so I can make up the run (inc 2 x right angles) with supplies from my local plumbers merchant?

4). Any gotchas I should look out for...?

Thanks in advance for your help - it's really appreciated!

Cheers,

Noswar
yes it will work provided theres enough fall on the pipework id keep the cisten as high as practical to gain flush preasure .pipe sizes of flush pipe shouldnt be a problem you can normally make it up in some way

Possibly a thought (bad one?) but how's about making the whole wall flush with the shower wall? Widen window sill and make removeable for access to cistern when (not if!) something fails in it. Create an alcove between window and shower with a couple of glass shelves for ornaments/a pot plant or whatever? Below alcove, a small cupboard to keep loo rolls, cleaner, etc.

Only a thought ...

You can get slimline cisterns - they cost more than standard ones, but I can't remember how slim they are. Try one or two plumbing/building merchants like Grahams, Travis Perkins or Jewsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your fitting a back-to-wall pan then obviously you will need to build a false wall behind where you intend to fit the pan (to hide flush pipe from cistern and to make soil pipe connection as well as being a wall for the pan to sit against) so why fit cistern where you intend? and not under window sill?
Also a thought (someone may know different) but if using pneumatic flush, will the tube from the cistern's flush valve be long enough to reach the intended position of push button?

I've a similar problem ... slim cistern size 335 x 140 x 320 (w,d,h) is slightly too big,

do you get smaller sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed Cistern - 3ft to side of pan - will this work ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock