Discuss Cleaner and inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NellyC

what do you guys use when cleaning a system and when fiiting a new boiler?? I was thinking of buying the sentinel filling kit as its very easy to use.?;)

sentinel feroquest jetflow and sentinel x 100 you can easily make a dosing vessel to fit a rad

this is probably silly Q but still finding my feet,....on this subject can some tell me what inhibiter, where to put it( is it the F&E ok ?) and how much, I suppose it tells you on the box does it ?

i've made up something to put inhibitor into sealed systems, get a McA washine machine spigot cut off the spigot where the 3/4"BSP thread starts, screw on a 3/4" FI x 15mm tap adaptor a little bit of Hep2O pipe with a hep bend on it then a bit of pipe fitted to a 15mm st coupling, remove the bleed valve from a rad screw the st coupling into the rad (it spins on the hep bend) and fill from the wash mac spigot as it acts as a small funnel, takes 15mins to make it but then you have it for other jobs

I bought a 5quid bottle of no nonsense system cleaner just for the adaptor it comes with
It screws directly onto any bottle ie sentinel/fernox etc and has a 6" length of hose with a straigh 1/2" coupling so u just drop 1.5 litre out of a radiator , unscrew the cap at the top of rad and screw it in, its plastic so it doesnt take paint of rad
connect it to your bottle and hold it upside down and squeeze it in
simples!

i got a big funnel from the pound shop,stuck a bit of 15 mm on the end and taped it up well,then i fitted a 15mm comp srait to the pipe then loosely screwed a tail from a trv to it you wind this bit into the rad after taking the top out with either a 22mm spanner or 3/8 ratchet if a older rad,then just hand tighten you pre made funnel on job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaner and inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock