Discuss cast iron soil pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j.lee4

I am in the process of fitting a mascerator with a32mm dicharge pipe can anyone help on how to fix said discharge pipe into soil pipe please.

john L

Drill hole in soil stack with a Rotabroach and fit a 32mm strap on boss

Hi! j.lee4,

Having drilled holes in cast iron, its not easy,and the strap on bosses look "orrible".

Usually if the stack is in situ its virtually impossible to get a proper hole cut, the size of 32mm.

But you can get bos pipes. And depending where on the stack you want the hole it may be cheaper timewise to get a Timesaver bos pipe and two loose collars.

Usually you can then cut a section of pipe out and slide a collar up the pipe and one down insert bos pipe then slide the collars down onto the bos pipe.

Mind you it may not look pretty, but not to bad.

Make sure the pipe is well supported either side of the new connection, stacks are heavy.

I am in the process of fitting a mascerator with a32mm dicharge pipe can anyone help on how to fix said discharge pipe into soil pipe please.

john L
you can get a clamp on boss wich requires the stack to be drilled we mark the hole and drill at 5mm gaps with a 3 mm drill then redrill with a 6 mmm drill alowing them to join up you can do it with a hole cutter but budget for two new ones for each hole

I have never had any problem using the magnetic mounted rotabroach fitted with a milling cutter. You need to use plenty of cutting paste and don't rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cast iron soil pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock