Search the forum,

Discuss cant decide where to put boiler in 3 story town house! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
silly one really....got a new heat install to do next week and can't decide where to locate the boiler(gonna be a combi) in a 3 story town house.
top,middle or bottom floors???
on the ground floor is the kitchen and has an outside wall adjacent to where the hot and cold supply are,gas will be run on adjacent wall. also the old warm air boiler is on this floor too.

on middle floor there is at the top of the stairs there are two cupboards one of which houses the warm are boiler flue which goes up through the roof of the 3rd floor. The cupboard next to this is right under the airing cupboard on the 3rd floor which houses old combi water tank and convinient h & c supply with bathroom next door.

Just wondering what you guys think? i was thinking top floor because there will less arseing around with having to run pipes above boiler to feed rads upstairs but was also thinking of gas working pressure as these house are really tall...will run pipe in 28mm anyway but don't want find it wont have the legs to get enough gas to the boiler and have to relocate boiler to middle floor!
your thoughts are welcome.

The gas would not be a problem.
I'd probably site it on the middle floor. Pipes up or down make no difference. Probably be easier in the middle and a bit less of a gas run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cant decide where to put boiler in 3 story town house! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock