Discuss Can a faulty faulty tap cause low water pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi I got called by a customer today to try and fix low water pressure on his hot water bath tap (its a shower mixer type fed from a water cylinder). All the pipework looked ok to me. So I disconnected the flexi pipe connected to the tap. I checked the pressure going in and the pressure seems ok. So he the tap must be causing the problem right???

Is it possible the a double check valve may fix this problem?? I've got a feeling the cold water pressure through the tap is affecting HW pressure.

if its a mixer tap it should have check valves anyway. give it a go its a cheap enough option to try, and if nothing else it will give wras compliance and eliminate a possible cause.

KJ

Hi. Found out a bit of history of the situation (did it work ok once?) As the flex hose often start to break down and impair flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can a faulty faulty tap cause low water pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back