Discuss Britony SE80 - Fault Codes (Please HELP)!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pricey7184

Hi,
I moved into my property 2 or 3 weeks ago and boiler has been working fine up until now. Around a week ago I decided to attempt to set the timer on my boiler. Even since I have been experiencing a variety of issues with it.
First the central heating would switch itself off (hot water would remain on) and I would have to reset the boiler to get it working again (I had to do this ever day for 2 or 3 days). I thought this had been caused by me timing it wrong so I set the timer again and switched the boiler on and off at the mains and all was fine.
Problem gone I thought... but that was about 4 or 5 ago and yesterday I got home to find my heating and had water had both turned themselves off and boiler was displaying fault codes 70 & 80. I reset the boiler and all ok for a few hours... then same thing happened but this time boiler displaying fault codes 40 & 80 flashing.
I have read that a common fault with these boilers is a defective PCB unit and judging by the fact I am having different error codes almost everytime it turns itself off I am guessing this is the case here.
How difficult is a PCB to fit? Would I be able to do it myself? Is it a case of just disconnect old one and putting the new one in its place?

If not do you have any idea on labour costs involved (have alreday priced up the part).

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks

Oops.... forgot to add, last time I checked (admitedly a few days ago) pressure was slightly higher that recomended - between 1-5 & 2... I will check it again when I get in but would the pressure being too high generate the same error codes or cause these problems

Only other noticeable issue is a drip from the overflow which evidence suggest has been happening for wuite some time (well before I moved in) and I have since discovered is probably caused by the fact the pressure is slightly high.

Last edited by a moderator:
very rare for a pcb to fail,reset clock to factory settings if poss,run for a few days and see how you go on.pcb arent cheap,and merchants wont take them back,best to call out heating engr

Pretty sure is PCB now. Are they difficult to fit? Could someone give me a step by step guide on how to fit a new one?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony SE80 - Fault Codes (Please HELP)!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock