Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant Boiler - pls help troubleshoot in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating.

Have checked that it is receiving switched 240V heat demand from controller into PCB, so believe it's just a boiler issue.

Boiler was working fine up until needing to fix leak in UFH manifold and swap over TRV rad valve. When boiler and heating system refilled and turned on again, boiler didn't respond to heat demand. Water pressure showing 1 bar on the LCD.

I noticed that water pressure was very low when I switched it off, to the point that I would have expected it to stop heating but it hadn't.

Have tried resetting, power down and on. Have had a look at PCB and other than some spark discharge at the Ignition Transformer connection there are no obviously blown components.

It probably needs some pressure in the expansion vessel, but that wouldn't explain the S.0 code.

Is there a way to manually force it to heat, to try and isolate the problem?

My thinking is that if it is getting demand for heat but responding that no demand for heat then it may be PCB.

What else should I be thinking about?

Thanks

S.00 says "NO heat demand" so, as above is a motorized valve(s) opening?, if so the end switch of this should give a run signal to the boiler via orange wire, grey wire to the motorized valve is permanently live.

Have you looked at the motor valve(s)? Are the temperatures set properly on the display? I would check the voltages in the wiring center.
perhaps Im wrong but there are only 2 relevant wires into the boiler. The permanent live and the switched live. I've checked that the switched live is providing 240v . Is there something else I should be checking?

Yes temp settings are OK.

Which motor valves - external ones are OK. Internal?

The motorized valves are external, zone valves and supply the switched live to the boiler which you say is live so would point to a boiler problem, you could switch off the CH and HW demand and check for no voltage on the switched live to prove it, when you switch it back in with either CH or HW demand listen for the fan starting up and check the d and s parameters again if no fire up.( and any f fault codes)

Last edited:
The motorized valves are external, zone valves and supply the switched live to the boiler which you say is live so would point to a boiler problem, you could switch off the CH and HW demand and check for no voltage on the switched live to prove it, when you switch it back in with either CH or HW demand listen for the fan starting up and check the d and s parameters again if no fire up.( and any f fault codes)
Yes. if it turn off control zones then I have no power to switched live and you can hear motorised valves retracting.

When switch live comes on there is no noise or action from the boiler, nor are there fault codes

I have Live, Neutral and Earth and Pins 3-5 are switched live, so testing between the Neutral and Live pins
5 is a neutral connection. Also on these boilers, if the cover is removed it should be checked for safety afterwards using 26.9 of the gas safety installation and use regulations 1998. If nothing is firing up, then it could be the pcb, but I would engage with a gas safe registered engineer to progress further.

Reply to Valliant Boiler - pls help troubleshoot in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock