Search the forum,

Discuss boiler replacement and powerflush in one day ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulyoung666

......... can it be done ? , finally convinced warmfront that they were not fitting an Ideal Icos and am getting a WB instead , the surveyor said that they would powerflush first , then fit the boiler , i fear a disaster heading my way , should i be worried or not :eek:

From my developing projects only, the quickest boiler replacement was about 3 hours, so a 3 hour PF before sounds reasonable.. now if you are moving it - that's all day..

the new boiler is going in the same place as the old one if that is what you mean , do you reckon a minimum of 3 hours for a powerflush ? :)

powerflush all depends on how many rads and how dirty system is i would allow 20mins a rad for a prev sealed system up to 30 for open vent
noone can say 3 hrs without knowing how dirty/sludged the system is

I've just riddored a warmfront engineer & have come across inumerable poor installations by them, not all, but quite a few. A powerflush done correctly is a days work. All u will be getting is what is called a powercleanse which wont do the job over the longer period

A powerflush and boiler swap can be quite easily done in a day if 2 men are on the job and the flushing machine has a heater and they know their stuff.

It should take no longer than 30 minutes / rad for the flush unless your system water is like treacle.

I've just riddored a warmfront engineer & have come across inumerable poor installations by them, not all, but quite a few. A powerflush done correctly is a days work. All u will be getting is what is called a powercleanse which wont do the job over the longer period

what did you riddor him for ??
A powerflush and boiler swap can be quite easily done in a day if 2 men are on the job and the flushing machine has a heater and they know their stuff.

It should take no longer than 30 minutes / rad for the flush unless your system water is like treacle.

water is fairly good to look at to be honest , 8 rads * 30 mins = 4 hours or so , sounds good if that is the case :)

It is possible but would lead to a, long days work.

However I have come accross systems where I have spent a good day just flushing. I one town house I was there for 2 days flushing!

I take it everyone else finds powerflushing the most boring job to do aswell then?

I take it everyone else finds powerflushing the most boring job to do aswell then?

A few year ago I worked for a building company over here, The owner insisted we all took a 2 week turn with the power flusher. 1st day was ok, 2nd day dragged. 3rd day on I was prepared to hurt people!

I love power flushing I get to run up a huge phone bill to my friends to talk about crap while Iam waiting for each rad,also one of those big box magna clean flushing devices can knocked hours off a power flush too.

I've not yet done a power flush but can't help thinking isn't it quicker to remove all the radiators, take them outside and give them a good clean with a hosepipe? I took off one once and it was fairly black inside. Took it out and after about 3 minutes with a hose clean water came out.

i agree dkia had one once regular customer their son's rad hadn't been hot for a while took it off very black water came out. took it down to the garden put the hose in one end and flushed it through until the water came out clear. put it back on and came through hot straight away.

Comforting to know it's not just me then - same thing happened about being hot very quickly - customer was real chuffed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler replacement and powerflush in one day ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock