Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked 15mm Pipe with two 90 degree bends! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbersmatenew

Hi All,

Pulling my hair out here...15mm tail to a bathroom towel rail. On a loop to the main 22mm flow so it is always hot, whether demand for HW or CH. Pipe is 'virtually' blocked, presumably with solidifed sludge, as flow is a cupfull per minute. Needless to say, rad is cold and the wife very unhappy.

Have tried: Sentinel 1) X400 for 2 weeks 2) Connecting mains hose directly to pipe with system drained down 3) rigged a tap-connector to a short length of hose, jubilee clipped to a bicyle valve and pumped with car pump up to about 4 bar......all to know avail.

I am reluctant to use acidic chemicals as the pipework is 26 years old.

Pipe runs under tiled floor so am reluctant to take floor up

Can't rod it as there are 2 90 degree bends in the 15mm, which is about a metre long from rad valve to where it joins main flow.

Aquavac, or equivalent, won't touch it as more suction is required.

Any ideas, please?

If its gone solid, then pipe is going to need replacing, so its either tiles up, or ceiling down

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but pumped to 4 bar not shifting and gone hard. dont think much will touch that not even slightly acidic cleaner.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but pumped to 4 bar not shifting and gone hard. dont think much will touch that not even slightly acidic cleaner.

Makes you wonder what state the rest of the system is in

Check this isn't under floor
4b33cd2caaa3319f9fff5a4a8b1a1a30.jpg

Could you rig up a hose and funnel and fill with some form of acid to blocked pipe say overnight to see if that clears or partly clears?

If you can get to the end of the pipe can you feed down a cheap usb inspection camera to see what's blocking it? ( camera available on eBay at around ÂŁ12-ÂŁ15 ) at least you could try and see what your dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked 15mm Pipe with two 90 degree bends! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
TL/DR: Can I have a bend of 90 degrees in the dry section of a 4-inch soil vent? Hi. I am renovating a small bathroom. There is an awkward part of the wall where the builders boxed off a large section just to conceal the 4-inch soil vent. I realise, of course, that the soil vent is essential to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock