Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to drill a hole in a cast iron soil pipe. in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to drill a hole in a soil stack. What drill would be best.Its external. Thanks.

Last time I had to do it it was low down for a shower. I held an off cut of ply up against the house, resting on the floor , and cut through this first to use as a guide for the hole saw. Made it safer/easier and means you don’t need the pilot drill in your hole saw.

It's quite soft so hole-saw as above. Won't take a minute. Don't let the cut piece fall down the pipe.

until you hit a hard spot then it’s a pain

Reply to Best way to drill a hole in a cast iron soil pipe. in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock