Search the forum,

Discuss BEESTON HEATING - BERKELEY 100 kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gastom

Hello all,
Beeston Berkeley with 100 kW output. Lately, the pilot light keeps going out at irregular intervals. I replaced the t/c. Pilot light is still lossed. We keep lighting it and it fails again after a few days.
Apparently, the pilot is on max. gas supply to ascertain a strong flame.
Could it be blown out by strong wind? The boiler is located in a boiler room in the basement of the building. Combustion air is delivered via a 0.5 sqm former coal shut opening.
Is it possible to fit a modern electric spark operated ignition system to replace the excisting pilot light?
Please let me have any suggestions on how to keep this 25-year old boiler going ?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BEESTON HEATING - BERKELEY 100 kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Good day all, I would like to get some advise and perhaps the solution to the issues with my UFH system. We did install UFH in an entire house and got rid of all radiators. The system is 14 port manifold (only 12 are in use) feeding 7 zones. Total room area is 97 m2, with the biggest zone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with my Baxi Boston 2 50 RS boiler. Nearly always I am unable to light my pilot light within the boiler itself. On the few occasion I am able to light up the pilot light then I can have the gas button pressed in for an hour and upon release the light goes out immediately...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock