Search the forum,

Discuss baxi barcelona control pcb keeps blowing fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dean.

Hi, has any one came across this fault before? i am thinking of replacing the board but dont want the new one blowing cause the fans faulty or something. It has blown 3 fuses as soon as the power is turned on.

you will need to do electrical tests then until you find the problem, short circuit tests should show up the faulty part

thanks, ive followed the fault guide in mi, it says to test for short circuit in control board or fan, how can i test fan? the fuse blows as soon as the power is turned on.

you dont do these tests with the power on for a start, you would do a short circuit test then disconnect the fan and do the test again if it passes then its the fan if not then move onto pump and so forth

dean i would honestly get someone in mate from the nature of your post you are not sure of what your doing,and you dont want to start messing with a pre mix fan on a condensing boiler and on the Barcelona they are hard enough for one of us to change there is a big potential for some one doing this on a diy basis to get it seriously wrong

If you have a barcelona the best thing is to fit a new boiler, do not waste your money on this boiler.

thanks for all the replys, it was the control pcb. I am gas safe just not up to standard on the electrical side of fault finding, i know a short circuit test is basic knowledge, it just takes longer to resister in my head,getting my head round continuity, resistance and polarity testing is taking time. Coming from gas installs to boiler breakdowns feels like training to be an electrictian.

Get your sen on a basic electrical course such as the construction skills essential electrics course that teach you basic stuff like resistance , continuity etc.

i very rearly change a board cos if its gone why has it gone in the first place and theres a good chance its going to go again and a around £150 plus for most iof them 2 an your near the price of a boiler if it was a brand new boiler and just dodgy joints from the factory thats diffrent but if its been in a while its a no no for me

thanks for all the replys, it was the control pcb. I am gas safe just not up to standard on the electrical side of fault finding, i know a short circuit test is basic knowledge, it just takes longer to resister in my head,getting my head round continuity, resistance and polarity testing is taking time. Coming from gas installs to boiler breakdowns feels like training to be an electrictian.

i know exactly how you feel dean, get yourself some training and maybe mr combi dvd, watch it every so often and soon it will get drilled in

you never stop learning in this game imho, I mainly do breakdowns and now and again you get an intermittent fault these ones are the ones to walk away from as customers dont like paying out for a hit and miss repair and I am stuffed if i am buying all the expensive parts , been there done it , I pass it over to BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi barcelona control pcb keeps blowing fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all We have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi which we found powered off a few days ago. Turns out the 2a glass fuse on the PCB had gone...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock