Discuss Bath taps change over. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardd

I recently changed a set of bath taps . They were a nightmare to change the old taps were practically impossible to get out as they were siliconed in with lots and lots of silicone.

It took me an hr to get them out eventually.

Then when I put the new ones in in was a nightmare again to connect the new taps to the old pipework. The space was minimal to say the least and the pipework was in the worst place possible . This took another 1hr

How much would you charge for labour for this job.

It took 2 hours so charge for 2 hours. Got to be worth at least £50,I don't know what your hourly rate is.

You're not a charity(are you?):)

Edit: And for a small job like that I'd want paying there and then,people can forget about it very quickly!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was for a guy I know . I hate charging people i know to much althought I wouldnt class him as a friend . I aint busting my balls for nothing thought

Tell him you'd usually charge £70 but as you know him call it £50!

i recently changed ,bath and basin taps in aguys bathroom ,all went reasonably straight forward until water turned back on ,then of course the most awkward to get to tap for the bath was leaking ,took me another hour to put right
charged him £50 but he gave me £70 for doing a good job ,wish there were more customers like that !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath taps change over. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
I have what seems to be a unusual problem and hope can get some advice. I have a bathroom up Stairs, and a wet room down stairs with toilet and...
Replies
Views
Back