Currently reading:
Basic fitting question - attaching/fixing toilet and basin

Discuss Basic fitting question - attaching/fixing toilet and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwardk

Hi - I have a small downstairs cloakroom and would like to know what is the best way to attach the toilet and the basin.

The basin will be fixed to a blockwork wall and it came with some screws and a fitting plate (Roca basin). However, my brother says that some threaded rod and a chemical cement (Chemset ?) will make a better join and be a better job.

What would you do ?

Also have a toilet to fit.
Have the waste pipe and cold water input in place. Just need to fix it to the floor and wall.
The wall is studwork and I have a noggin in the right place behind all the plasterboard etc. I was going to use stainless steel screws through the cistern back (there are holes in the ceramic for that I guess).

For fixing it to the tiled floor (then screed - about 80mm) I was going to drill a 6mm hole and use the mm floor bolts that come with the toilet but again my brother said that most people just put down a bed of silicon and squidge it down.

What is the better way or a combination of both ?

Thanks,
Ed

I used a bessey clamp to tighten the black plastic nut as it has straight/flat jaws - worked really well.

Forgot to check - do I need PTFE tape on the isolator valve compression fittings ? - so far just tightened them lightly with spanners and no tape.

Yes - the under sink washer was a hard translucent one rather than a squishy one so used silicon top and bottom.

you dont need ptfe on the thread of the compression fitting. you may need some on the olive if its tricky but most the time they are fine

Many thanks - will check once the mains is connected - buckets til then... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic fitting question - attaching/fixing toilet and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock