Discuss Balancing and zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbinguser

Hi

I have been reading the forums and believe that I understand how to balance a single system.

I have two zones on the central heating, one for downstairs and one for upstairs. I have these coming on together in the morning but after that they are timed for different times.

The question is do I balance the zones individually or both together (as forums usually say to find the nearest and work away from it but as zones seperate I am not sure).

all zones open and calling for heat when balancing - that means trv's as well , so best to do from cold

Thankyou for the information.

I will open up fully on both sides and call for all heat (except hot water) and then run around and see which order they heat up in (hopefully before they all have)

Thank you for the info, not sure what the Automatic Bypass valve is so will have to check the boiler as there is none elsewhere

Which make and model boiler do you have?

If you have an external bypass valve, there will be a pipe teed off after the pump and before any motorized valves which connects the flow to the return. This will have either a gate valve on it or a valve with an adjuster and a numbered scale (this is the ABV).

PS The bit underlined in my last post is a link to balancing instructions.

Hi

Its an EcoTec Plus 637 condensing bolier. The pump and boiler asre combined.

I have followed the link and saved the instructions for use later.

Thank you

Thank you, I can see it on the drawing. I presume I just leave this as it is as the balancing link you provided just says to set as per manufacturers instruction (may be a daft question but what exacly does it do?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing and zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock