Discuss Balanced Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madadam

All,
I have just fitted a viessmann 100w as part of a dual fuel system. I have used the original open vent solid fuel system in the customers house and with a H2 panel from heating innovations to link-up .
Now for the unusual part. - The boiler is in a purpose built cabinet on the exterior wall in a covered walkway, this helps in as far as the gas supply doesnt have to enter the dwelling and the condensate drain and flue are already discharging outside.
My Question - The balanced flue is(at present) running from the boiler, straight up through the roof of the walkway and terminating with a termination kit about 2m above sloping roof of walkway there are no apertures and the eaves are about 3m above. Do i need to offset/joggle the termination to move it away from the vertical wall? What if any is the minimum dimension from a vertical wall?
A fellow contractor has commented that exhaust gases may vortex against the wall and be drawn back down the intake as its only about 150mm away in parallel.
I cant find the regs anywhere and the customer wants the gas side of things commisioned soon, at present they are using Solid fuel to heat the property/water.

Sorry for all the questions (i'm new here)
hope someone can help.
Adam

i think its ok if 2m away from the wall/roof, somebody may correct me but i thought the minum guidenace for distance was 1.5m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balanced Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
Hello, from South Devon. Firstly - I'm not a Gas Safe RGI. I'm considering my options to replace a 23 year old |Ideal Classic FanFare 50,000 kw...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock