Discuss Are you allowed to run a discharge pipe from a cylinder into a soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a soil pipe collapsed after heating water had been discharged into it, so it's not ideal to go to the stack but can be done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361796805.246523.jpg
This is from a megaflow and runs strait into the soil stack next door.

Yes, it can go horizontal in other applications but when used for a discharge should be vertical. I'll dig out my G3 book to be sure.

From the Bpec manual: Hepvo "must be vertical and adjacent to the water unit"
The pipe should be polypropylene to BS5254 or BSEN1451.

That tundish contravenes regs as well. They've come out of the tundish straight to an elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are you allowed to run a discharge pipe from a cylinder into a soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back