Discuss Are we training too many plumbers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with what has been said but it is a never ending battle. Getting the right people to do the job. Gaining experience in the industry while holding down a permanent position in another industry. Doing the training and job for the right reasons - too many factors to consider and thats just in plumbing - HELP!!

Another factor is due to lack of prospects due to the current jobs market, many young people this year are being encouraged to stay on at college. Trades are heavily pushed and obviously plumbing courses are taking many of those people.

Another factor is due to lack of prospects due to the current jobs market, many young people this year are being encouraged to stay on at college. Trades are heavily pushed and obviously plumbing courses are taking many of those people.

dont see how they can. The new diploma requires the candidate to be employed, therefore no job no plumbing course

Ah wasn't aware of that.

Might be good news for those already in the trade, and will help to self regulate numbers in the long run.

Is a smiliar thing happening for electrical students?

I think so, but theirs is a little different, there is no Level 2 in electrical only level 3, so i am told anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are we training too many plumbers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I could do with some of your help please. Last September I started an intense City & Guilds Level 2 (6035) course, I finished/completed it...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
S
Heating Apprenticeship Vacancy Vacancy Title Heating Apprenticeship Employer Name The Heating Hub, 86 King Street, Rochester ME1 1YD...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
M
Hi All, first post here so please be gentle :smiley2: i have been thinking for a while now about re-training,after having to turn down a plumbing...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, At Construction Skills College we offer an introduction to plumbing course that is aimed at people with little or no experience at all. We...
Replies
Views
davecsc
D
Back