Search the forum,

Discuss any plumbing apps for phones in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just taken delivery of a htc desire smartphone and wondererd if any of you guys know of any plumbing apps that may be of use to install on me phone!!!

have a word with mark moss from this forum, im sure he's got one for his.

You can get mobile pos for all smart phones nowadays so you can take card payment from your phone if you want too.

You can get mobile pos for all smart phones nowadays so you can take card payment from your phone if you want too.
can ya...that would be handy,i'll have to look into that. beats takin cheques!

[DLMURL="http://www.adelante.co.uk/index.html"]Adelante Software Limited – electronic payment solutions[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to it does cost money for each transaction cant remember what the lady said its about £90 set up cost. I was thinking of it to be honest as it increases the chances of immediate payment rather than waiting for check in post for a month! and also for deposit on emergency jobs .

Just out of interest moogwai, I realise you have only just got your desire, but what are your thoughts on it, I have some how managed to kill 2 new iphones in a month and my network has agreed to let me have a different phone but I dont know what to have next

I was going to it does cost money for each transaction cant remember what the lady said its about £90 set up cost. I was thinking of it to be honest as it increases the chances of immediate payment rather than waiting for check in post for a month! and also for deposit on emergency jobs .

i filled in the contact form last night so as soon as i find anything out i'll post it here to let you know....

Just out of interest moogwai, I realise you have only just got your desire, but what are your thoughts on it, I have some how managed to kill 2 new iphones in a month and my network has agreed to let me have a different phone but I dont know what to have next

i really like it mate,i don't have anything to compare it to though as it's my first smart phone...does everything i ask it to and seems quite quick at doing it...even watching "naughty movies" from a app i found!!
how did you manage to kill yer iphones?? drop em down a loo!! that was one of my faveorite tricks!!
have found a case for my htc too...quite a robust one too dropped it 2 or times already and it bounced like a bouncy ball!!! hth

I honestly dunno how I have killed em, having trawled the internet apparantly they can overheat that gives the same symptoms as mine.

My only other thought is that the iphone is quite long and flat for a phone and I sometimes have it in my back pocket, having spent many years developing a rotund arse, which I have been told in some african cultures is a sign of wealth, I suspect that when I bent over and the iphone bent with me this might have been the cause, the only trouble is I cant find any stress cracks in me phone

just got off the phone with the bird from adelante and this is how it works...
you have to have a merchant bank account,if you aint got one then they could set one up for you at a cost of £100 with some bank(cant remember which),and their charges would be 2.4% per credit card transaction and 32p per debit card transaction.

then its £50 set up fee for the smartphone and 30p per transaction with a £10 minimum per month fee to adelante,also with a £15 per year licence fee for the software.

then there is the mobile gprs option with a hand held thingy and the set up goes like this.
a one off set up fee of £250 which includes set up fees for bank and software and 6 months rental of machine. 1.2% charge per credit card transaction and 27p per debit card transaction with no minimum billing.
then after 6 months if you don't like it you can send it all back or you can keep it on for £25 per month all in( no transaction charges etc..)

so there you have it...don't know if its for me though,might just still take cheques!!! i'm trying to work out which is cheaper....getting charged from my bank for putting cheques and cash in or running one of the machines and with business really picking up i'm gonna have a good look at it.

Description

Plumbing Formulator contains over 60 formulas that are useful for plumbers and HVAC installers. The program calculates areas of pipe walls. It calculates the weights of different pipes. The program also calculates the final temperature when two bodies of water are mixed. It calculates expansion of pipes, radiant heat and heat loss. The Plumbing Formulator has various formulas to calculate area and volumes of differing shapes. The program also includes dozens of conversions from everything from square feet to square inches to pounds square inches to feet of water.
Every result in Plumbing Formulator can be saved. You can also select from favorites and recent formulas.
This is an early version of Plumbing Formulator. In the coming months there will be updates that will include additional formulas. If there is a formulas that you would like that is not included just E-mail us and we will try to include it in the next update.
Some of the Formulas
Pumps
*Pipe Velocity
*Velocity Head
*Water Horsepower
*Brake Horsepower –Pump
*Efficiency of Pump
*Brake Horsepower Motor
*Pressure
* Head Feet
HVAC
*Length of Pipe
*Heat Loss
*Building Heat Loss
*Fresh Air in Room
*Water Chilling load
*Cooling Load in Ls/Tons
*Coefficient of Performance

*Water Required
*Final Temperature When Water is Mixed

Piping
*Area of Pipe Wall
*Weight of Cast Iron Pipe
*Weight of Steel Pipe
*Weight of Copper Pipe
*Expansion in Plastic Piping
*Hazen William Friction Loss
*Pressure of Pipe
*Piping Elbows
*Piping Gate Valves
*Pipe Length Change Due to Temperature
*Chase Width
*Chase Depth
*Total Fall
*45 Degree Offset

Water Flow
*Optimum Water Flow
*Volume of Water Flow
*Velocity of Water
*Pipes Total Dimension
*Supply Water Rate
Water Heaters
*BTU input
*Gallons Per Hour of Gas
*Domestic Daily Hot Water Usage

...More
[DLMURL="http://www.multieducator.net/formulator"]Multieducator Inc Web Site[/DLMURL]Plumbing Formulator Support
What's New In Version 2.8

New conversion from fractions to decimal and meters
New formula to calculate rainwater requirement of roof drain
Metric formulas for water flow

iPhone Screenshots

mzl.egxsruxi.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.bblflxdt.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.sbqanvgm.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ygfywrkk.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.phxbbgvn.320x480-75.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
theres now an iphone app gas rate calcualtor costing £3.49 in itunes

Well, curiosity got the better of me and ive just bought it. Firstly i would say £3.49 is too expensive. Its easy to use but not the prettiest app. I was really hoping it would give both nett and gross readings, but unfortunately not. At the price more work required unfortunately. That is only first impressions after buying 5 mins ago and not used in proper situation yet.

wife has the htg desire its a great phone just need the android apps to catch up with the i phones
best app on it at present is the flashlight means you always have a torch for looking in that dark space under a sink etc saving a walk to the van

no its an iphone app mate, off itunes, think i simply tiped in plumbing

i have searched android market place and cant find one.....there is another android market place thingy but i dont know it is.....when i get 5 mins i'll have a google.

lol.....only just got my htc desire hd....didnt like the iphone,the wife has one.

whats the htc like, im due an upgrade and have been considering one
i have the app on a itouch

i like my htc desire hd.....had the normal one before it,only bad thing about it is the battery...have to charge it every night and if using it heavy i keep a charger in me van.
But i suppose the main thing is the apps....the itunes has a much better choice. Its a personal preference thing....go into a store and play with one.

the normal one is a free upgrade, heard about the battery life which kinda puts me off

i have loads of stuff already on itunes and thats why i fancy an iphone

in that mate....i think the way forward for you is the iphone as you are already set up for it. And you'll be able to put your touch to one side and only carry the one device in your pockets instead of 2.

treu mate, found them for 200quid on bat for a 16gb 3gs, bit skint after xmas though

just do an upgrade to it when your current contract runs out....you'll be able to find some good deals out there...think the misses paid £60 for the phone and her contract is £40 a month (2 year) on t-mobile... best to shop around on the net,there's soo many phone shops all competeing with one another....or your current provider may sort out a good deal for you.
and tell me about the after xmas skintage!!! think everyone's in the same boat....xmas followed by wife's birthday followed by flippin valentines...it never ends!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to any plumbing apps for phones in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock