Discuss Adding a rad on simple gravity system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave887

We have a Rayburn Regent on the ground floor with a simple flow and return heating (directly) our DHW cylinder on the first floor. Thinking of adding a towel rail as a heat sink in the first floor bathroom. According to the instructions on this model a rad as a heatsink can be added, but the system can't be pumped.

Question, do we T off the primary flow to go to the towel rail, with the return from it T'ing into the return from the cylinder. OR Do we just put the towel rail in series after the DHW cylinder.

We have a Rayburn Regent on the ground floor with a simple flow and return heating (directly) our DHW cylinder on the first floor. Thinking of adding a towel rail as a heat sink in the first floor bathroom. According to the instructions on this model a rad as a heatsink can be added, but the system can't be pumped.

Question, do we T off the primary flow to go to the towel rail, with the return from it T'ing into the return from the cylinder. OR Do we just put the towel rail in series after the DHW cylinder.

usualy you tee the bathroom rad into the primaries

Hi, Check that the rad/towel rail is suitable for a direct system (copper or brass)

Hi, Check that the rad/towel rail is suitable for a direct system (copper or brass)

It's 1930's chrome plated brass, made by Ideal standard, with top and bottom 3/4 tappings. Took me ages to find something suitable.

Hi take the return in 22 mm back into primary return (Fall back to branch point) The flow can be extended as on indirect system (vented overt cwsc) and a tee at hi level and dropped down in to top tapping would give you better circulation providing the horizontal distance is not long. Good luck

Many thanks justlead1. To make sure I've got this right, what you're saying is that T1 in the diagram should be where it's shown, and not below the floorboards level with T2 (my original plan)?

rad.gif

Hi If you can access pipe as you will for the return tee, do the same with flow (don't drop down as sketch) and use bottom tapping

I would personally use sweep "Tee's", take the flow off at high level, from the open vent pipe, and drop to the towel rail, using top bottom opposite ends , then with the return from the towel rail keep a fall to the cylinder return, the sweep "Tee's" should be fitted with the sweep in the direction of the flow of the water, fitted this way any trapped air should automaticly vent its self from the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding a rad on simple gravity system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock