Discuss working with ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

What height do others on here deem it to dangerous to do small works off a ladder before you need a ali tower or something . When i mean small works as in plummage kit ,blow off , couple brackets etc as in theory working off a ladder is supposed to be a no no .

when mi legs start shaking , no if am on a roof and am not satisfied with cat ladders i get scafo put up and on mi commercial stuff i get a cherry picker

Last edited by a moderator:
its deemed unsafe and health hazard when both feet off the floor...according to our last training course...last rung before top step...on step ladders
...onto ladders all to be footed by second man...and tied off where applicableand when extended..

Did the flue and condense run off a ladder to a flat on the first floor the other day. Reckon that's the highest I'd ever want to work off a ladder.

When you work for yourself it's not always so black and white.... Always the old issue of losing a job because of a scaffolding cost!

...onto ladders all to be footed by second man...and tied off where applicableand when extended..[/QUOTE]
then how comes sky send out one man with a three piece to fit your sky dish?

Health and Safety reckon working at height is anything higher that you can trip over (like a 1" step). Couldn't believe this when I heard it. Another I heard was locally they're training construction workers (16-18 year olds) in small houses not fit to live in as working at normal heights is deemed too dangerous for this age group.

I used to be petrified of heights but am fine tootling up into a loft and anything outside up to the first floor. After than I refuse and will get someone else in to assist if necessary. I don't like getting wet either ... (probably because I'm a wet already? ...)

We often work off triple ladders doing flues and PRVs etc, I not keen being up near the top, but its got to done.

...onto ladders all to be footed by second man...and tied off where applicableand when extended..
then how comes sky send out one man with a three piece to fit your sky dish?[/QUOTE]

dont know,why do sky send out installers who throw the digibox trough your front window with a million foot of cable fitted?or stick cables trough the vent feeding air to the ancient bermuda?lazy barstewerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working with ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock