Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester greenstar compact 30Ri burner. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My Worcester greenstar compact burner green light is only firing up for 5 seconds then cutting out. Anyone got any ideas before I call an engineer out. Incase it’s something simple.

Attachments

• IMG_5058.mov
    59.2 MB
Pump working and any different if you use / heat the rads I know it’s warm etc

Would say you need an engineer but I would suspect the pump to test first etc

Is it just cutting in/out without having to reset?. if a pump fault, one might expect a low water level alarm or similar, if a ignition fault, I think some boilers make 5 attempts before lockout.
Is it just cutting in/out without having to reset?. if a pump fault, one might expect a low water level alarm or similar, if a ignition fault, I think some boilers make 5 attempts before lockout.
The green burner light only goes on for 5 seconds after the boiler has been turned off at the mains. Every other time I try to put the heating or hot water on the burner doesn’t go on at all. There’s no faults. The blue light on the front goes on when you turn the heating/hot water on but nothing else happens.

I should have said the father in law changed a couple of radiators the other day, could it be that there is air trapped in the system somewhere? All rads have been bled.

Possibly. When the pump starts you should see the boiler pressure increasing by ~ 0.2/0.3bar, the PCB detects this (in some boilers)., air in the system could possiblr affect this.

There is a auto air vent on the boiler top, don't know if this is accessible from outside or is/can be shut off/opened, if a combi boiler might be better to continue try to get it to fire on DHW.

There is a auto air vent on the boiler top, don't know if this is accessible from outside or is/can be shut off/opened, if a combi boiler might be better to continue try to get it to fire on DHW.

Heat only john

Reply to Worcester greenstar compact 30Ri burner. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock