Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss worcester 9.24 electronic no hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey boys after some help on an old boiler which i replaced the divertor on 10 months ago.
dude phoned me earlier to say he has no hot water but heating is fine. I'm thinking it could be the micro switch as i doubt the divertor would go in 10 months and i know the system is clean as i powerflushed it as well.
do you guys have any experience with this dinosaur of a boiler?? i dont think it has a flow switch....which i wouldve gone for. I dont think the dude can afford to replace it either.
cheers.

p.s...how can i test the microswitch with a multimeter to prove it?? pm me if you can please.

continuity, its only a switch.. cant remember if this has 2, try pushing them in while running hot for a second, see if it fires up

also watch weird things dont catch you out ,things like mixers/showers passing as said push the switch in and check for continuity /or should fire up if pushed in,check pin in dv moves with dhw demand,and make sure its not dumping down

As above moogwai, In addition I've known of the push rod to 'drill' itself into the switch plate (black plastic disc). Depending on the model the diaphragms can be changed if it's holed or stretched! Depends whether you have access to the valve head or not..

checked it out earlier guys and i beleive its the diaphragm as the plunger isn't making contact with the microswitch when the hot water is running.
Mickie....do you reckon i'll be able to change the diaphragm in situ? or am i best removing the whole thing? cheers.

thanks for your input lads.

checked it out earlier guys and i beleive its the diaphragm as the plunger isn't making contact with the microswitch when the hot water is running.
Mickie....do you reckon i'll be able to change the diaphragm in situ? or am i best removing the whole thing? cheers.

thanks for your input lads.

If you can see all the screws moogwai you can remove the head and replace the diaphragm ... Some models the screws are impossible to access!

[DLMURL]http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductId=P177&catid=C2[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can see all the screws moogwai you can remove the head and replace the diaphragm ... Some models the screws are impossible to access!

yeah can see the screws and the divertor valve was only replaced in july last year so hopefully won't be too hard to get out!!.....trying to get the bloke to change the boiler but he wont have it!! thanks mate.

Just edited the post B4 with a link for the part mate .. http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.asp...=P177&catid=C2

Crackin website for spares & you can get them delivered to the customers address!
just one thing worth noting if you buy a diaprahm then no issues,if you buy a valve make sure you can get the top of the diverter off,i think its a type e because the 1/2 thread is dedicated on the 9.24 as it takes a 1/2 bent swivel idea with a shoulder the normal valve top wont accept this as its to narrow,i use abkot for years no issues at all

i had to buy the whole bloody valve the last time, needed it though but though it was a bit naff them not selling the diaphram only..

you'll manage

like i say the valve is only 10 months old and i still have the original receipt so i'll be phoning the spares place tomorrow and see what they are gonna do about it.

like i say the valve is only 10 months old and i still have the original receipt so i'll be phoning the spares place tomorrow and see what they are gonna do about it.

if its the valve,seems unlikely after 10 months,but everything can go wrong

its gotta be the diapragm as the plunger is only moving a fraction and not contacting the microswitch when calling for hot water......i did put a penny on top of the plunger and it worked fine...but don't really wanna leave it like that!!

its gotta be the diapragm as the plunger is only moving a fraction and not contacting the microswitch when calling for hot water......i did put a penny on top of the plunger and it worked fine...but don't really wanna leave it like that!!

probably,but a passing mixer tap or shower would have the same effect,its a rare situation to have this fault,try a new diaprahm if its easy to replace,to test for mixers passing isolate the cold at the boiler if you can,and disconnect the hot outlet again if possible due to the boilers age if you have water continuously coming through the hot its a mixer tap/shower issue

not tried turning down the flow rate on the outlet side of the diaphram?

probably,but a passing mixer tap or shower would have the same effect,its a rare situation to have this fault,try a new diaprahm if its easy to replace,to test for mixers passing isolate the cold at the boiler if you can,and disconnect the hot outlet again if possible due to the boilers age if you have water continuously coming through the hot its a mixer tap/shower issue

gotcha...i see where you are coming from...thanks gas man.

not tried turning down the flow rate on the outlet side of the diaphram?

no....to be honest didn't think of doing that...i suppose it would make the pressure greater on the diaphragm to lift it up.....another thing to look for.

phoned place today and they are sending me a repair kit foc....fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 9.24 electronic no hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock