Discuss worcester 9.24 electronic no hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey boys after some help on an old boiler which i replaced the divertor on 10 months ago.
dude phoned me earlier to say he has no hot water but heating is fine. I'm thinking it could be the micro switch as i doubt the divertor would go in 10 months and i know the system is clean as i powerflushed it as well.
do you guys have any experience with this dinosaur of a boiler?? i dont think it has a flow switch....which i wouldve gone for. I dont think the dude can afford to replace it either.
cheers.

p.s...how can i test the microswitch with a multimeter to prove it?? pm me if you can please.

its gotta be the diapragm as the plunger is only moving a fraction and not contacting the microswitch when calling for hot water......i did put a penny on top of the plunger and it worked fine...but don't really wanna leave it like that!!

its gotta be the diapragm as the plunger is only moving a fraction and not contacting the microswitch when calling for hot water......i did put a penny on top of the plunger and it worked fine...but don't really wanna leave it like that!!

probably,but a passing mixer tap or shower would have the same effect,its a rare situation to have this fault,try a new diaprahm if its easy to replace,to test for mixers passing isolate the cold at the boiler if you can,and disconnect the hot outlet again if possible due to the boilers age if you have water continuously coming through the hot its a mixer tap/shower issue

probably,but a passing mixer tap or shower would have the same effect,its a rare situation to have this fault,try a new diaprahm if its easy to replace,to test for mixers passing isolate the cold at the boiler if you can,and disconnect the hot outlet again if possible due to the boilers age if you have water continuously coming through the hot its a mixer tap/shower issue

gotcha...i see where you are coming from...thanks gas man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 9.24 electronic no hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock