Search the forum,

Discuss Why does my toilet keeps filling and flushing over and over- Help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PSH

Our toilet cistern has a two year old Armitage Shanks 8.5 “ bottom entry fill valve which will not shut off the water when refilling after a flush, but just keeps flushing. At the bottom of the tank is a small amount of silt or brown powdery dirt , which made me think the diaphragm inside the unit may be clogged, so i stripped it down and everything looks fine . After I had put it back together ,it did shut off the water once the small blue float pushed on the lever at the top of the unit ,but then on the second flush it kept filling and flushing over and over ,then stopped after five minutes .What can be causing this ,do I need to renew the black diaphragm, which has a very faint circular indentation on its mating surface, or should i fit a complete new unit, say a Fluidmaster or go for another new Armitage Shanks version?.
Is there any where in the Coventry/Midlands area that would stock a new on/off valve ,which is an Ideal Standard s900167 iso valve plastic outlet valve, Product Code: B78944.

Thanks
Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
diaphragm has dirt in it or hardened replace it with identical one or just fit a new fluid master.

There was no dirt when i took it apart,and could not find any where that did replacement diaphrams,so i got a new armitage shanks unit from Screwfix,and all is fine now.

thanks Lame plumber.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why does my toilet keeps filling and flushing over and over- Help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, as the title, the cistern keeps filling. The fill valve is passing, think it’s a viva skylo bottom entry with a plastic shank but there’s not markings or identification on it. Just wondering if anyone knows what type it is? I’d rather just replace the diaphragm inside if it’s one that’s...
Replies
Views
Water keeps filling up my home water tank from the output valve at the bottom of the tank and not from the top of the tank Water keeps pouring in from the output valve and won't stop, making the tank overflow 24/24 At first we thought it was the input valve at the top but after inspection we...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it on both of them. It stopped the dripping but the issue now is that sometimes it sticks after flushing and I need to give it a wiggle to make it go back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock