Search the forum,

Discuss Help with toilet flush valve sticking in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it on both of them. It stopped the dripping but the issue now is that sometimes it sticks after flushing and I need to give it a wiggle to make it go back down again.

The diameter of the part the flusher goes into is about 67mm. (sorry I'm new to this so don't know the names for everything)

Tried a seal from B&Q which is 68mm and one from screwfix which is 63mm.

The issue I find is that once I've put it onto the bottom of the flusher its diameter increases even though it's on properly as far as I can tell.

Any help help/ideas how to sort this would be appreciated as it's annoying and seems like something that should be an easy fix.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20221221_135002.jpg
    20221221_135002.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221221_135015.jpg
    20221221_135015.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Help with toilet flush valve sticking in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock