Search the forum,

Discuss Which hose pipes and connections are the best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, am just wanting a bit of advice on which hose pipes and connections to get for the normal plumbing jobs,
like draining down a system.

Also unions to connect onto radiator valves when power flushing a combi.

Where do you guys buy them?

Regards

mutley

I use a standard hose pipe and it does the job perfectly...And when it comes to a union for power flushing kit most of the time they will come as a complete kit in the box but obviously only if you buy as new. I am sure that you can get one from plumbers merchants. It worth to ask then shop around to compare prices...They are not too expensive:)

Thanks sas. I did not think ANYONE was going to reply to this add. He he.

I guess its not the most exciting.

Cheers

normally a garden hose pipe is enough to connect onto radiators i leave a bit of 15 mm pipe pushed into the the hosepipe and hose clipped with a 15 mm - 3/4 female iron , so covers most rad valves to join on and the other end for drain offs . recently found a british gas hose pipe and they are alot better its like a big u gauge hose

get a nice soft hose pipe,

i have 2 hoses one is soft n floppy and one is more rigid, the rigid one is a bugger for coiling back up to fit neatly in the van and its prone to kinks that wont go away, the floppy one never really kinks up and it coils up nicely after the job, :) but all in all a hose is pretty much a hose,

thanks for the help guys. have tried to find a nice rubber hose but not been able too. will just have to keep looking

I use tricoflex it's expensive but robust and stays supple so it fits drain offs and over 15 mm pipe with ease and is easy to coil as long as you don't coil it like and idiot over your elbow.

the cheap garden hoses are carp ive got a yellow one from tj lynes which probably cost some one a fortune doesnt kink and rollls up everytime got to be six years old nowive got a pice of copper in the end with a compresion male iron and a 3/4 rad tail in that so fixes to both kind of rad vale and the other end fits a doc i also carry a a hozeloc push on connector with a snap on fitting to go on any tap
because i know it will be an arm and a leg to replace i dont cut bits of it when i had cheap ones they got shorter and shorter

Last edited:
holythreadrevival.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which hose pipes and connections are the best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock