Search the forum,

Discuss Which high flow combi setup? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Hemel

For reasons I won't bore you with I cannot have an unvented system so am looking at having a storage combi installed. My mains has been upgraded to 32mm and when the new boiler is installed the current 15mm running into my house from the mains will be upgraded to 22mm.

My house is a normal sized 3 bed 1 bathroom with a shower but also has another separate showeroom. There's 2 adults and two kids that are growing up fast so our demand for hot water is rising and there will be times when more than 1 outlet will be demanding hot water. I know combis are far from perfect but would like to ask what you would advise. So far I think the best options are a WB 550cdi, a Viessmans 111W or 222F and the Alpha flowsmart set up. When I've searched this site a lot of the posts seem to be from a few years ago so am really after an up to date response on what experience you guys, the professionals, have with these systems and brands. Are there any others that you would recommend?

i really appreciate your help and advice. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard people say good things about the 550 highflow. 25 litres a minute is great for what you need if your flow and pressures are good.

Not looked at the veismann spec but will now

the viesmann 111 is getting good reviews but the 222f is very large do you have the room for one

We fit 550's whenever space means unvented isn't an option and they perform well. Usual Worcester support is good and, touch wood, never had an issue with them. Just be aware they are really heavy once filled so make sure area you want to install is prepared properly.

The 222f although big is a nice bit of kit, and has the option of a secondary return. Tech say it can run 2 showers at once with no issues, and in practice this is true. Just make sure your showers run off the combination cold supply to ensure balanced pressures at the showers.

Another vote for Viessmann 222

Worcester 550 is a brilliant boiler and can easily cope with two bathrooms.

Rinnai do some good boilers for hot water. We install their commercial external boilers for Mcdonald's but they have a domestic range which could be worth a look. Worth investing in a good water softener if you planning at using that many L/min

One of the external ones ive installed:

7EDyAx8AeULYvNEiiKmzts3f-GJ_dsy9MmdKqKAPOUuWdN7YWvX4qDrXIza9uLSDbzmw2tIhTyEUG-yEA8i-ly5KtbVDkzDz6Ktbiy9J18x-N2ttYg6vtPSWkRAxX-9EjPMtZz6yrq6F1478b_-A8af5fDCYIM4ES9r7BkB0TRj9byuJVS0x5-B8dEXEqkCeEyfqrfuDIN62peWfBB5D2Fdv4fXyMiNk1s6VRcDWqmqleiO5mioQWXzaQDwowgjpFtxCiP_elDd_YJw4lFm8zfhZj3EX8yJzSHlx5aeWaTLde0M-_ekfa4xPs0pjgHJNFcD3UZxDm_bQiWED2SWNOTY6s5KiKsMlL2pCfBgf-1VlKu9pn1lOfyP4a2MjfS3DyGxP86_QYwSZzj6eghck0gviTTvU3qphBMhvzba-uvdsYnbYtMxmzzipV9WPwIS0o9U90fFZIqsRASLQra7_RpF0xSOKciA_caIG6y_otXIIpzOsP-f0iMkD0uw3n-zEoHgEZDxCHUeE9jVzOvIVQnCc1PuViHEX_isvaUK9rYHjapqEvBeJrFlZKp8N2YOCiqe2QEl1CGz-aiFyL1ANg5B0VkqjH-rz=w1468-h1956-no

15_Rinnai_Infinity_K26i_FO_with_ErP_label.jpg

Rinnai :: Tankless 17e - 37kW Domestic Multipoint Water Heater

Rinnai :: Tankless K26i - 48kW Domestic Multipoint Water Heater

Last edited:
Armaflex outdoor insulation ?

Yeah man and trace heated, what do A/C guys use?

Same can't beat armaflex used the cheap stuff that uses rubber and stnd fibreglass pipe ins horrible and takes ages to fit

Did you wire it up ?

Last edited:
I hate lagging pipes, I always say to the governor im rubbish at it and I aint no lagger plus it gets me in a mood as it covers up all your nice work :32:

I hate lagging pipes, I always say to the governor im rubbish at it and I aint no lagger plus it gets me in a mood as it covers up all your nice work :32:

And trying to go round clips is a pita and miter joints :D

Lots of the houses I fit boilers in would be classified as commercial. 38kw isn't IMHO.

no but if mis say commercial you need to be commercial

no but if mis say commercial you need to be commercial

You're right. Fallen foul of this a couple of times but it doesn't matter(to us) as we do both. I should have said the A325C which does something like 32lpm. I could (also) be wrong on this as well.

You're right. Fallen foul of this a couple of times but it doesn't matter(to us) as we do both. I should have said the A325C which does something like 32lpm. I could (also) be wrong on this as well.

sorry to say commercial as well, same fit a few but never fitted a commercial combi always rinnai if needs mains hot water

I'm surprised as I have a A320 in my house and I don't remember that being listed as commercial!

I'm surprised as I have a A320 in my house and I don't remember that being listed as commercial!

Give me five will double check but only listed on commercial site

Ah. That's because they've changed there setup. Company reorg I believe.

a325 commercial just heard back from a mate (rep) but who says you cant install it in your own home :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which high flow combi setup? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock