Discuss Which high flow combi setup? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Hemel

For reasons I won't bore you with I cannot have an unvented system so am looking at having a storage combi installed. My mains has been upgraded to 32mm and when the new boiler is installed the current 15mm running into my house from the mains will be upgraded to 22mm.

My house is a normal sized 3 bed 1 bathroom with a shower but also has another separate showeroom. There's 2 adults and two kids that are growing up fast so our demand for hot water is rising and there will be times when more than 1 outlet will be demanding hot water. I know combis are far from perfect but would like to ask what you would advise. So far I think the best options are a WB 550cdi, a Viessmans 111W or 222F and the Alpha flowsmart set up. When I've searched this site a lot of the posts seem to be from a few years ago so am really after an up to date response on what experience you guys, the professionals, have with these systems and brands. Are there any others that you would recommend?

i really appreciate your help and advice. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard people say good things about the 550 highflow. 25 litres a minute is great for what you need if your flow and pressures are good.

Not looked at the veismann spec but will now

the viesmann 111 is getting good reviews but the 222f is very large do you have the room for one

We fit 550's whenever space means unvented isn't an option and they perform well. Usual Worcester support is good and, touch wood, never had an issue with them. Just be aware they are really heavy once filled so make sure area you want to install is prepared properly.

The 222f although big is a nice bit of kit, and has the option of a secondary return. Tech say it can run 2 showers at once with no issues, and in practice this is true. Just make sure your showers run off the combination cold supply to ensure balanced pressures at the showers.

Another vote for Viessmann 222

Worcester 550 is a brilliant boiler and can easily cope with two bathrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which high flow combi setup? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock