Search the forum,

Discuss Was working, now it isnt lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparkybob

Hi again everyone, back with my lovely boiler, engineer came out and gave the boiler a service, got it working all nicely, until today, was working fine this morning and then it cut out, turns out both 3.15A fast fuse and 5A plug top fuse had blow, the 3.15A was literally blown to bits lol, only the 2 metal end caps left, replaced both fused but boiler isnt firing, pump is running and continues to run as if the boiler is working but nothing being burned, any ideas before i call the landlord again?

Cheers
Bobby

I'm not going to play with it lol, i was just wondering if there was a reset button or another fuse that has possibly blew, dont want to get an engineer out for him to change a fuse lol

you need to find out what failed and caused the fuses to blow, they are there for a reason. if 3 fuses have gone, so has something else, and its probably a terminal short on something.

you are a sparky ? you know if there is a fuse blown there is a reason for it N to L or L to Erth
so pls dont play with it

Yes i know a blow fuse is caused by a fault but it can also be caused by an ageing fuse, all fuses that were blown were replaced and they are not blowing again indicating no L-N or L-E fault as if this was the case they'd blow straight away, thats why i was asking if there was another fuse that i have missed, im not going to be touching anything else so please dont be so patronising towards me.

Cheers

sparkybob i have not read anything from anyone posting on your thread that was remotely patronising

Yes i know a blow fuse is caused by a fault but it can also be caused by an ageing fuse, all fuses that were blown were replaced and they are not blowing again indicating no L-N or L-E fault as if this was the case they'd blow straight away, thats why i was asking if there was another fuse that i have missed, im not going to be touching anything else so please dont be so patronising towards me.

Cheers
yes but not all 3 fuses at the same time pal,nobody's being patronizing towards you if you dont like the advice given dont ask for any

best put all the blown fuses back, if I turn up and find thing have been fiddled with it makes diagnostics a pain, and when the customer starts to tell me what they have done, I leave. each to their own is my advice.

I agree with the sentiment if not the delivery, the problem is getting a bit deep for a sparks matey, I know its frustrating but leave it to a boiler man. g'luck

threads closed i suggest the op asks in find a gas engineer section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Was working, now it isnt lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go out because of no flow. I thought it was the programmer blown because if it wasn’t calling for heat or hot water it doesn’t trip the electric,but as...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. First post on here. Called out to fault on Alpha HE 33. Fast blow fuse found to have blown. Faulty fan found to be problem. New fan installed and tested. Four days later and a call from customer to say boiler not working again. fast blow fuse found to have gone again. Replaced and gone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock