Discuss Unvented cylinder constantly sounds ‘on’ in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an unvented cylinder and lately even without the boiler central heating or hot water ‘on’, the system sounds like it’s constantly ‘on’. All through the night, it used to be silent except when running, but now it can sound like it’s ‘on’ constantly for days at a time. Surely this cannot be normal, with what sounds like water etc. running through it?

Video of it in the middle of the night: https://youtube.com/shorts/v0WV6DHhsx8?feature=share

Check the tundish see pic. Is there water running through it.
712B6344-37DF-4CA9-B0BC-C11D03B82A99.jpeg

No sorry, the boiler is in its rest state. It is not on, as in active (so checking the Hive, no hot water and no heating on).
Yet randomly the cylinder is making that noise at points, like something is constantly running. At this point, the boiler is not showing as on, and still in its rest state.

Reply to Unvented cylinder constantly sounds ‘on’ in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
New Boiler - Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler Problem - Central Heating not working Central Heating is controlled by HIVE. Boiler was...
Replies
Views
Back