Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder constantly sounds ‘on’ in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an unvented cylinder and lately even without the boiler central heating or hot water ‘on’, the system sounds like it’s constantly ‘on’. All through the night, it used to be silent except when running, but now it can sound like it’s ‘on’ constantly for days at a time. Surely this cannot be normal, with what sounds like water etc. running through it?

Video of it in the middle of the night: https://youtube.com/shorts/v0WV6DHhsx8?feature=share

Check the tundish see pic. Is there water running through it.
712B6344-37DF-4CA9-B0BC-C11D03B82A99.jpeg

No sorry, the boiler is in its rest state. It is not on, as in active (so checking the Hive, no hot water and no heating on).
Yet randomly the cylinder is making that noise at points, like something is constantly running. At this point, the boiler is not showing as on, and still in its rest state.

Reply to Unvented cylinder constantly sounds ‘on’ in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock