Discuss Underfloor heating zone query in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chassy

Hi,

We have just had underfloor heating installed in our extension. It connects directly to Boiler via manifold. Problem is when UFH comes on (via it's own Timer/program) all of our CH rads come on i.e. it overrides our CH Program/timer. So UFH and CH are not working independently and CH just ignores its Program when UFH is on - big problem!!! How can this be solved e.g. do we need an additional valve or something installed.

hard to say ,without seeing how heatings plumbed up,you may need a zone/port vavle fitting

Boiler in garage hot supply into manifold then to UFH. T split before manifold with other pipe off to CH. Megaflow in air cupboard on 1st floor already has motorised valve (2 port?) i guess to split CH and hot water?

if you want to controll thre things heating water and underfloor your going to need a three channel clock and three motorised valves one of which it sounds you already have

or you could use a three way valve and two channel clocke wired as a y plan to run heatin and underfloor and a single channel timer to run the hot water via your ecisting motorised valve

ah... wiring.

UFH comes on and heating kicks in. the live for the ufh and boiler are brought together somewhere, either a horstmann 3 channel timer as steve says or a ÂŁ16 single pole single throw relay from city electrical and keep whatever you have timing the UFH and heating. There you go.

A sparky will know what you mean.

Thanks does this involve lots of additional plumbing or electrics? Or is it just a case of fitting MV to existing pipework. Dread having ceilings etc.. ripped out again....

Thanks does this involve lots of additional plumbing or electrics? Or just a case of fitting MV to existing pipework. Mega flow of 1st floor and boiler in garage. dread having ceilings ripped out again

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a plumbing firm who also do electrics. they should have a good grip on things. Bringing in separate disciplines can be troublesome. If a plumber and sparky are stood looking at it together, they'll figure it.

good luck with it, doesnt sound like too much drama

Hi,

We have just had underfloor heating installed in our extension. It connects directly to Boiler via manifold. Problem is when UFH comes on (via it's own Timer/program) all of our CH rads come on i.e. it overrides our CH Program/timer. So UFH and CH are not working independently and CH just ignores its Program when UFH is on - big problem!!! How can this be solved e.g. do we need an additional valve or something installed.
Did you tell the installer that you wanted to be able to control UFH times and temperatures separately from the CH rads times and temperatures?

If so, check the installer's quote and see what they quoted for. Then get them back and tell them to do the job properly.

Hi

We thought we had communicated this. The fact that the plumber installed UFH progrmmer/time and showed us how to set various on/off events for the UFH zone indicates that he understood the instructions but maybe not. As it stands UFH takes a lot longer to get to target temp that CH and so CH/rads juts get hotter and hotter until UFH knocks off.

CH tiemr is at megaflow end. CH thermostat is wireless Digistat but UFH thermostat/timer is one box connected directly to UFH manifold etc.. next to boiler and UFH zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating zone query in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock