Search the forum,

Discuss underfloor heating ground floor , rads on first floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

something i dont fully understand , if uf heating runs half or so as cold as rads how do i keep it all in one system?
what i mean is how do i keep the rads on the first floor running hot and the uf heating on the ground floor running cool?
sorry if this is obvious , ive never put in uf heating before.

Hi that bloke
I'm new in the game and haven't covered anything like uf heating, but I should imagine it's by a seperate zone valve and thermostat.I'm sure the more experienced chaps will be able to assist you.
Good luck.

something i dont fully understand , if uf heating runs half or so as cold as rads how do i keep it all in one system?
what i mean is how do i keep the rads on the first floor running hot and the uf heating on the ground floor running cool?
sorry if this is obvious , ive never put in uf heating before.
thermostatic mixing valve on the uf distribution manifold lowers temperature to nderfloor

As steve says the manifold will have a blending valve on which blends the return water out from the loops into the flow from boiler to keep temp down.

thanks guys , so , the manifold will incorporate a mixer valve? i was under the impression that i needed a 3 port mixer valve in the system somewhere.

so , the flow and return from the boiler will go to the rads first then on to the manifold?

As steve says the manifold will have a blending valve on which blends the return water out from the loops into the flow from boiler to keep temp down.

couldnt have said it any better myself :)

Some systems, for example the uponor system use an electronically controlled 3 port mixing valve which is plumbed in close to the manifold instead of the blending valve on the manifold. it does the same job, basically once temp is up it will start to allow return water to be mixed in with the flow from boiler.

the other option is underfloor heating on the ground floor and either smiths ecovectors or jaga convectors on the first floor, unlike tradional steel radiators these units can run at the lower temperatures needed for underfloor heating, this means that the boiler doesnt need to work so hard to heat the first floor. I also use this type of system on heat pumps.
regards
mike

thanks guys , so , the manifold will incorporate a mixer valve? i was under the impression that i needed a 3 port mixer valve in the system somewhere.

so , the flow and return from the boiler will go to the rads first then on to the manifold?
not exactly the underfloor is just piped in like a large rad can be anywhere on the circuit but generally its the first rad on a seperate pair of FandR will have its own controll valve or seperate ones for each coil of under floor system mat vstill have a three way valve controlling heating and hot water seperatly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor heating ground floor , rads on first floor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock