Search the forum,

Discuss UFH help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
need to replace old john guest hard wired UFH room stat, spoke to manufacturer and there is not direct replacement available. we have put in a standard UFH dial stat but it is not working with the john guest wiring slave & slave programme.
I am not very familar with the UFH wiring and nothing seems to come with wiring diagrams, i have attached pictures of the system and if anyone on here could recommend 2 room stat that will work with this system please to replace the existing 2.

also would appreciate if someone could explain what 1,2,4 & A/B on thermostat wiring port on manifold are and also the function of the sensor on the UFH manifold and how this communicates with the system

help much appreciated

Attachments

• UFH manifold sensor .jpg
    UFH manifold sensor .jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 19
  • UFH room stat .jpg
    UFH room stat .jpg
    143 KB · Views: 13
  • UFH room stat side .jpg
    UFH room stat side .jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 18
  • UFH slave unit .jpg
    UFH slave unit .jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 19
  • UFH system.jpg
    UFH system.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 20
What’s the backplate wiring non the stat ?

Neutral grey
Black should be perm live
Brown switch live / call
Blue live from timer from control

So you should have 240v from grey to black/ blue depending on what timer is set at ?

Thanks shaun,

i have reattached the room stat pics with better labels. one of them is existing original stat and other is the new stat. since new stat has been installed the programmer on slave unit now does not do anything. I spoke to polypipe about this and they say it not compatible and would be best to get 2 x programable room stat.

Is this correct ?? the new stat doesn't have the selector on the side like the existing but i am not really sure how the wiring of timer side of the room stat works?? why does it have 4 cables instead of 3 like normal room stat ?

Attachments

• UFH existing stat wiring .jpg
    UFH existing stat wiring .jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 11
  • UFH new room stat wiring  .jpg
    UFH new room stat wiring .jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Do you want it to control via the slave timer ?

Just as simple as moving a wire

*like normal room stat
Do you want it to control via the slave timer ?

Just as simple as moving a wire
Hi Shaun,

yes ideally i would like the slave timer to control the room stat as before but at the moment it has stopped controlling either room stat i can remove it and it makes no difference to the system

So your live to the stat is blue
Neutral grey
Brown is your call and make safe the other wire eg black

Thanks shaun, do i do this both both room stats the old & new or just the new and switch the old to timer function on the slider??

appreciate the help

Just the new one unless it has a timer / constant slider ?

Reply to UFH help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values, one near the manifold and the other on the radiator side. I will be using Nest 3rd gen thermostats to control both the upstairs radiators and...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1 for rads via a Honeywell wireless stat, and x1 for UFH circuits via Heatmiser stats - both wired to a Heatmiser wiring centre) I'm interested in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock