Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ageingsurveyor

I'm trying to find a new washer for the cold tap in the bathroom handbasin in my fathers bungalow - built in the 80s. Its 3/8 inch in diameter with a curved shoulder. I can find similar shaped washers but only 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch. I'm attaching a picture of the washer and of the tap in case that helps.

Grateful for any assistance - thanks. 20151009_155844.jpg20151010_131140.jpg

Thanks for suggestion but the central hole is much bigger than a standard flat 3/8.

I reckon a 1/2'' will be fine, they may not actually be 1/2'', they could be called that because they fit into 1/2'' taps (basin/sink taps) and not 3/4'' taps (bath taps).
Have you tried one?
Never measured one to be honest though, don't come across domed washers often but when I have the standard ones in tap repair kits have always worked fine. The tap in your picture looks like a standard budget tap, which I've worked on many times, if a 1/2'' washer doesn't work I'd replace the taps for the price of them.

Last edited:
You get these type of washers in the box sets that you can buy, around ÂŁ7. or go to the DIY outlets

Time your wasting trying to find new washers for something 30 + years old for what they cost just fit new taps, Proberly find the seating is worn and needs re-cutting.

Time your wasting trying to find new washers for something 30 + years old for what they cost just fit new taps, Proberly find the seating is worn and needs re-cutting.

Tap re seating tools can be bought for less than ÂŁ10

Although in this case the lack of washer i'd bang a cheap set of b&q taps in

i have a box full if you want to pop around for one?

taps are only ÂŁ18 a pair though!!

They just can't help themselves can they

Nobody will think your a couple of gonads short of being a man having to call a plumber.

Honest :) :)

A real man knows his limits :)

Nobody will think your a couple of gonads short of being a man having to call a plumber.
Honest :) :)
A real man knows his limits :)

Show me a pump and I`ll fix it but don`t ask me to change a tap washer is what I tell customers when they ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
Pinhole in Black Alkathene 17.5 3/8" under concrete driveway. Hello, we have managed to 'dink' the mains water supply to our house, during some excavations for a drain. And we are hoping for some advice on the best way to proceed. The leak is only a pinhole, but after a few days it has escaped...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a Grohe kitchen tap to replace my existing one and have found that it comes with fixed flexi hoses that are 3/8" instead of the UK standard 15mm fitting. I saw on an older thread that someone with a similar problem bought a tap tail adaptor from Screwfix with a compression nut and...
Replies
Views
I'm probably missing something obvious, would welcome any suggestions on how I get access to the washers. We have a matching bathroom suite and the bathroom sink mixer was a breeze to fix. The top of the taps popped off easy enough and the "collars" could be removed to expose a nut to unscrew...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock