Discuss Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ageingsurveyor

I'm trying to find a new washer for the cold tap in the bathroom handbasin in my fathers bungalow - built in the 80s. Its 3/8 inch in diameter with a curved shoulder. I can find similar shaped washers but only 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch. I'm attaching a picture of the washer and of the tap in case that helps.

Grateful for any assistance - thanks. 20151009_155844.jpg20151010_131140.jpg

Thanks for suggestion but the central hole is much bigger than a standard flat 3/8.

I reckon a 1/2'' will be fine, they may not actually be 1/2'', they could be called that because they fit into 1/2'' taps (basin/sink taps) and not 3/4'' taps (bath taps).
Have you tried one?
Never measured one to be honest though, don't come across domed washers often but when I have the standard ones in tap repair kits have always worked fine. The tap in your picture looks like a standard budget tap, which I've worked on many times, if a 1/2'' washer doesn't work I'd replace the taps for the price of them.

Last edited:
You get these type of washers in the box sets that you can buy, around £7. or go to the DIY outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to soiurce a 3/8 curved shoulder tap washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back